This might surprise people who believe that the president invented the authority to issue such deportation deferrals. It turns out the policy is not only legal, but was in regular use before the administration’s decision to expand it.
My coverage of the Supreme Court’s ruling at WatchdogWire:
“At the Supreme Court building this morning, spectators were on the edge of their seats as Justice Anthony Kennedy read the court’s ruling to strike down key provisions in Arizona’s immigration law.
The court did uphold the provision requiring officers to check the papers of those [...]
Support The Skeptical LibertarianAny amount is appreciate!
- The World’s First (and Last) ‘Genetically Modified’ Babies
- Snopes, “Liberal Bias,” and Trusting the Internet
- Don’t Let Boston Derail the Discussions on Immigration Reform
- 9 Debate Tactics for Defenders of Pseudoscience
- The 4 Dumbest Conspiracy Claims About Boston
- Incredible: Twitter pinpoints the minute of the attack
- The 6 Worst Media Reactions to the Boston Marathon Bombing
- Fake Quote Files: V.I. Lenin on Inflation and Taxation
Shop for Skeptical Libertarian Swag