|National Review’s Jonah Goldberg at the debate|
TheAmerican Enterprise Institute (AEI) hosted a debate between Reason Magazine Editor Matt Welch and National Review Editor-at-Large Jonah Goldberg last Wednesday. The question posed was, “Are libertarians part of the conservative movement?”
|Reason’s Matt Welch|
Third, in his closing, Welch said, “I justwant to know what you are going to do about Medicare, Medicaid, social securityand military spending and how are you going to get rid of this $1.4 trilliondeficit in a way that makes any kind of sense…. This is really the issue, the most important issue… everything else is kind of asideshow.”
Support The Skeptical LibertarianAny amount is appreciated!
- Small Government Is Popular–The GOP Isn’t
- The War’s Over—Free Tanks for Everyone!
- 5 Questions For a Skeptical Libertarian: Drugs, Climate, and Utopia
- 14 Dos and Don’ts for Communicating Libertarian Ideas
- “Confused” Democracy v. One Man Rule
- Can Fast Food Jobs Really Be Replaced By Machines?
- 17 Best Teju Cole Tweets From Last Night
- Into the Dark Side: America’s Worldwide Torture Regime
Shop for Skeptical Libertarian Swag