The recent revelation that the IRS targeted conservative political groups is now moving into the second stage of a DC scandal: the first is finding out what happened; the second is finding out how high up it goes. Although it is important to find out many, if any, high-level officials are culpable, high-level [...]
“Nature can be neither just nor unjust–though our inveterate habit of interpreting the physical world animistically or anthropomorphically often leads us to such a misuse of words, and makes us seek a responsible agent for all that concerns us.” – F.A. Hayek
Today is Friedrich Hayek’s 114th birthday, and so I thought I’d [...]
Researchers in New Jersey claim that 30 human babies might have been born with genes from three people: their mother, their [...]
Cross-posted from our friends on Skeptoid.com.
A few weeks ago, a post circulated on Facebook with the headline “Snopes got snoped!” It originated with a group called “Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children.” The group has a noticeable presence on Facebook, with over 400,000 likes and many, many shares of each of their posts. The page [...]
Guest post by Sandra Sanchez. Cross-posted from our friends at Thoughts on Liberty.
In the later half of the 20th Century, the Central American country of Nicaragua was undergoing a revolution. In 1983, two Nicaraguan immigrants came to the United States seeking asylum due to the Nicaraguan Revolution. Both of them were children [...]
Defend the Woo
1. Learn a bunch of scientific terms. You don’t have to know what they mean–it kinda helps if you don’t–just know what they are. When engaged in a debate, fling them around without remorse. Hopefully this will confuse or intimidate your opponent into submission. Good examples are “variables,” “controlled [...]
Continuing our series of lists on the worst reactions to the Boston attack, we examine four viral claims. The smoke has barely cleared, and while the real search for suspects continues, a large number of people believe they already know who did it. Alex Jones cracked the case less than 40 minutes after [...]
Support The Skeptical LibertarianAny amount is appreciate!
- IRS Scandal: Conspiracy Not Required
- F.A. Hayek: ‘The Liberal Is Fundamentally a Skeptic’
- The World’s First (and Last) ‘Genetically Modified’ Babies
- Snopes, “Liberal Bias,” and Trusting the Internet
- Don’t Let Boston Derail the Discussions on Immigration Reform
- 9 Debate Tactics for Defenders of Pseudoscience
- The 4 Dumbest Conspiracy Claims About Boston
- Incredible: Twitter pinpoints the minute of the attack
Shop for Skeptical Libertarian Swag