As the death toll climbs to 3, including a child, and over 140 injured, Twitter is buzzing with news, pictures, and tweets about the attack–including a lot of truly baffling and vile commentary from media pundits.
A search of Twitter has also turned up what appears to be the very first tweet (and hence, report of any kind) about the bombing:
Holy shit! Explosion!
— Kristen Surman(@KristenSurman) April 15, 2013
The time-stamp puts the first explosion at exactly 2:50 PM eastern time.
It’s a strange world we live in when history and headlines are made and recorded in real time.
Support The Skeptical LibertarianAny amount is appreciated!
- Small Government Is Popular–The GOP Isn’t
- The War’s Over—Free Tanks for Everyone!
- 5 Questions For a Skeptical Libertarian: Drugs, Climate, and Utopia
- 14 Dos and Don’ts for Communicating Libertarian Ideas
- “Confused” Democracy v. One Man Rule
- Can Fast Food Jobs Really Be Replaced By Machines?
- 17 Best Teju Cole Tweets From Last Night
- Into the Dark Side: America’s Worldwide Torture Regime
Shop for Skeptical Libertarian Swag