As the death toll climbs to 3, including a child, and over 140 injured, Twitter is buzzing with news, pictures, and tweets about the attack–including a lot of truly baffling and vile commentary from media pundits.
A search of Twitter has also turned up what appears to be the very first tweet (and hence, report of any kind) about the bombing:
Holy shit! Explosion!
— Kristen Surman(@KristenSurman) April 15, 2013
The time-stamp puts the first explosion at exactly 2:50 PM eastern time.
It’s a strange world we live in when history and headlines are made and recorded in real time.
Support The Skeptical LibertarianAny amount is appreciated!
- Washington State’s Minimum Wage Does Cause Unemployment
- Team “Do Something” Is Winning
- Olympic-Style Waste: Why America Should Stop Bidding for the Olympics
- The War on Immigrants Is Already The New War on Drugs–And It’s About To Get Worse
- Conservatism’s Loss of Candor
- No, a CIA Spy Wasn’t Captured In Ukraine
- Russia’s Toilets, Sochi’s Problems, and Why it Matters
- A Philosophical Deficit
Shop for Skeptical Libertarian Swag