As the death toll climbs to 3, including a child, and over 140 injured, Twitter is buzzing with news, pictures, and tweets about the attack–including a lot of truly baffling and vile commentary from media pundits.
A search of Twitter has also turned up what appears to be the very first tweet (and hence, report of any kind) about the bombing:
Holy shit! Explosion!
— Kristen Surman(@KristenSurman) April 15, 2013
The time-stamp puts the first explosion at exactly 2:50 PM eastern time.
It’s a strange world we live in when history and headlines are made and recorded in real time.
Support The Skeptical LibertarianAny amount is appreciated!
- Private vs. Public Anti-Gay Discrimination
- Should Homophobes Be Fired?
- A Tale of Two Floods: The Evolution of the Noah Myth
- Private Schools Teach Bad Science? Public Schools Teach Science Badly.
- “What’s the Harm”: The Body Count of Pseudoscience
- Big Pharma vs. Big Placebo
- “Never Again” and the Iraq War
- Want to see the future? Open borders.
Shop for Skeptical Libertarian Swag